Sunday, June 15, 2008

Getting Ready for the trip...

It's now only a couple of weeks before the group heads out for our big Swiss Adventure! This will be tour #4 for me, and I can't wait to get back on the alpine trails once more; smell that wonderful morning coffee; enjoy muesli and yogurt for breakfast; and yes-!, those wonderful, two hour long, evening dinners... Did I mention the chocolate? The wine? The cheese? The cow bells in the valley?

Food, hikes, good company. What fun!

Last year, I found it fairly easy to find internet service so that I could continue to teach my online nutrition course from Switzerland. This year, I'll go one step further, and try blogging. I won't have the nutrition class to worry about this time, so I can put all my effort into this Swiss Tour blog.

When it comes to packing for the trip, it's good to keep it simple. I start with a suitcase on wheels that measures approximately 22"x14"x10" deep. Dennis does a great job of listing the essentials; follow his guidelines closely! As Dennis mentions, DON'T overpack. I'd add a ziplock bag (not a box:) to the list, in case you find something that calls for one (like... chocolate?!) but nothing more. I'm always tempted to bring a small stash of peanut butter, because it's hard to find in Switzerland, but I'll be fine without it. Oh, a light pair of shoes for dinner, too; you won't want to wear hiking boots to the table.

No comments: